Mastercard - Qkr Supermarket Promotion
Effective Date: November 3, 2016
2. Collection of Personal Data from You. In connection with conducting the Promotion, Mastercard will collect and process the following personal data from you when you participate in the Promotion: name and surname provided by you in the app. We need to collect the personal data in order to conduct and administer the Promotion, and to announce whether you are a winner.
Mastercard will also collect and use transaction data relating to your purchase which is obtained from the app for the purpose of selecting the winners of the Promotion.
3. Purpose. Your personal data will be used only for operational purposes related to the Promotion, in particular in order to provide and administer the Promotion, and communicating the Promotion to you, and selecting and awarding the prize to the winner, and notifying you if you are the winner.
4. Holding Your Personal Data. We may hold your personal data in a variety of ways, including electronically or in hard copy.
5. Your Rights and Choices. You will have the right to access your personal data and to correct your personal data if it is incorrect. You also have the right to contact us if you have any questions about how Mastercard processes your personal data. Please refer to the Contact Us section below for information about how to contact us.
6. Disclosures and Transfers. Mastercard will not disclose your personal data to other entities except as described in this Policy. Your personal information will be provided to service providers for the purposes of administering the Promotion, communicating the Promotion to you and contacting winners. These service providers include the fulfilment agency.
We do not authorise these service providers to use or disclose such data except as necessary to perform certain services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers by contract to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of personal data they process on our behalf.
We also may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any enquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We may transfer or disclose personal data to recipients outside of your Location, including the United States of America. The transfer or disclosure of personal data outside of your Location may be subject to restrictions, and we will take all the necessary steps to ensure compliance with applicable data protection law, in particular, the legal requirements on adequate protection for data transfers to locations outside of your Location. Please note however that the locations which we transfer or disclose your personal data to may not have the same data protection laws as the Location in which you initially provided the information, and you may not have access to mechanisms to protect your data under the data protection law in that Location.
8. Contact Us. If you would like to (i) obtain more information on how we process your personal data or to access your personal data; (ii) rectify or delete any personal data relating to you; (iii) withdraw your consent given for certain types of data processing; (iv) change your preferences or remove your e-mail address from our mailing lists; or (v) if you have any questions, comments, concerns or complaints about our privacy practices, please contact us through our website at or by addressing your mail to:
Global Privacy & Data Usage Officer
Mastercard Australia Pty Ltd
Level 8, 100 Arthur Street,
North Sydney, NSW 2060.
To assist us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. Mastercard will review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with how we respond, you may take your complaint to the applicable regulator in your jurisdiction.
For all other enquiries about your Mastercard card and your purchase, you must contact your issuing bank or the participating merchant. More information about how to contact them can be found on their respective websites.