Tap to Tokyo Promotion NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/36602 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the ‘Tap to Tokyo Promotion’ ("Promotion") form part of the Conditions of Entry. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding.
The Promoter is Mastercard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 95 108 603 345), 72 Christie Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia.
1. The promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on 1 August, 2019 and concludes at 11:59pm AEST on 31 August, 2019 (the “Promotional Period”). Any payments a customer makes with their Mastercard for any purchase either before the start of or after the end of the Promotional Period will not be accepted.
2. To enter the Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(i) be an Australian resident aged eighteen (18) years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Mastercard, Rugby World Cup, their subsidiaries, other group companies, their agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.; and
(ii) be a current Mastercard cardholder; and
(iii) opt in to the Mastercard ‘Tap to Tokyo Promotion’ registration page at www.mastercard.com.au/taptotokyo, and complete the registration form including but not limited to their full name, email, contact phone number and postcode; and
(iv) Tap to pay for purchases on Sydney Trains & Sydney Ferries with your Mastercard; and
(iv) Be available to accept the prize as outlined in condition 6 of these Terms & Conditions, in its entirety, if they are a winner, and have a valid personal Mastercard prior to, and for the duration of, the trip to Japan if they are a Grand Prize winner.
3. Multiple entries are permitted. The procedure set out in condition 2 of these Terms & Conditions is the only way Eligible Entrants may enter the Promotion and have a chance of winning a prize.
4. Employees and their immediate families of Mastercard, Rugby World Cup Limited (RWCL), their subsidiaries, other group companies, their agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion, and any person whom, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, should be excluded due to their involvement or connection with this promotion, are not permitted to participate in the Promotion.
5. Entries made through agents or other third parties are not permitted and such entrants will be disqualified from entry in the Promotion. If an entrant is found to be subject to invalid entries or any other application abuse, the Promoter reserves the right to require entrants to provide additional information to register or enter. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
6. There are two (2) prizes to be won in this Promotion. Prizes are;
Qty available to be Won
Total value of Prizes
Each prize Includes one (1) trip for two (2) people to Rugby World Cup 2019™ in Japan to be awarded as a 5 Day Package trip for the winner and their travel companion
Total maximum prize pool value is$49,140. Prize values are accurate as of 15 August 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any value variation.Prize Details
Each prize is a five (5) day package trip to Rugby World Cup 2019™ for the winner and their travel companion, comprising of 2 adult Tickets for 29 September, 2019 to Australia v Wales Match at Rugby World Cup 2019 taking place in Japan, each package includes;
• Return economy airfares for two (2) adults from the Sydney International Airport to Narita International Airport Tokyo, Japan departing Australia to arrive in Japan on 26 September, 2019 and departing Japan on 30 September, 2019 (flight associated taxes are included)
• Private transfers to and from Tokyo hotel, from airport
• Four (4) nights (26, 27, 28 & 29 September 2019) at a minimum four (4) star Tokyo hotel, selected by the Promoter, on a bed and breakfast basis in a standard room; each individual guest will receive their own room
• Welcome Dinner, as arranged by the Promoter for two (2) people
• Private transfers to & from the stadium, from the hotel for two (2) people
Each package is valued at $24,570.
Grand Prize Winners must be available to take the trip from 26 September, 2019 to 30 September, 2019 once accepting the prize. If for any reason whatsoever, winner and/or guest/s are unable to participate in the trip after all trip-related arrangements have been made, the Promoter shall have no further obligation to winner and/or guest and no alternate winner will be selected.
7. The prizes are as described above in condition 6 and nothing else is included. Where applicable, all other costs and expenses in taking up or incidental to the prize including but not limited to spending money, travel insurance, telephone charges, room service, refreshments, experiences, excursions, souvenirs and any other incidental expenses are the responsibility of the individual prize winner and their guest. No other meals, event, activities or transportation outside of those described in the prize schedule are included in the prize. The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
8. The winners will be selected by a computerised random draw made from all valid and eligible entries that are received during the Promotional Period. The draw will take place at 14:00pm AEST on 4 September, 2019 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The winners will be notified by phone and in writing by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winners will be notified by phone and in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s names will be announced at www.mastercard.com.au/taptotokyo from 6 September, 2019, for a minimum of 28 days.
The Promoter will contact winners and request proof from the winners of
(i) him/her being a Mastercard cardholder, and (ii) his/her valid identification (iii) proof of a qualifying transit transaction in order for the winner to redeem the prize, failing which Mastercard reserves the right to disqualify such winner and award the same to an alternative winner. This may include requesting the winner’s Mastercard BIN number, first and last name, phone number, email address, and proof of transit transaction via bank app transaction record with all personal information redacted, to show date of transit trip.
The winner may receive reminder emails and calls from the Promoter or the Promoter’s representative during seven (7) days after the draw to receive a response accepting the prize. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their phone and email account during this time in case they are a winner.
9. If a winner does not accept or claim the prize within seven (7) days of the draw date explained above in condition 8, cannot be contacted by the end of the 7 day period or is found by the Promoter to not be eligible to win the Prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and a draw for the unaccepted or unclaimed prize may take place on 12 September, 2019 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner/s (if required) will be notified by the phone and email within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner’s name will be announced at The winner’s names will be announced at www.mastercard.com.au/taptotokyo from 12 September, 2019, for a minimum of 28 days. The decision of the Promoter is final. The Promoter reserves the right to request confirmation of the eligibility of the winner to enter the prize draw and to win the Prize.
10. The winners agree that they may be required to participate in reasonable publicity and also agrees for their surname, suburb and state to be used to announce the winners.
11. Prize and prize elements may not be separated or redeemed for cash and no alternative prize is available. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and is not available for resale. Actual value of prize will vary depending on winner’s city of departure and final travel requirements and activities; any difference in value will not be awarded.
12. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, and are responsible for obtaining and possessing all required valid photo ID and travel documents prior to and during travel, including, but not limited to, valid passports/visas (if required).
13. Exact details of the Prize activities and elements, including but not limited to date, time, location and duration are subject to change. Winner and guest agree to comply with all applicable venue and/or hotel rules and regulations in connection with the prize.
14. The cost of accessing a promotional website will be dependent on the amount charged by the Eligible Entrant’s relevant Internet Service Provider.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrant (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
16. Prizes cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes or resold.
17. The Promoter and the applicable onsite representatives of MasterCard or RWCL reserve the right in their sole discretion to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person during the trip. Winner and guest will be escorted out of the hotel, venue and/or any other trip aspect by Promoter, the applicable onsite representatives or their designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of national, state or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and unlawful drug paraphernalia) and, in the case of any such infraction, Promoter will have no further obligation to winner, and winner and his/her guest will forfeit the balance of prize.
18. Promoter, Mastercard and RWCL will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any elements of the trip.
19. Winner and/or guest shall not, while using any Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup tournament, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon either RWCL or the Rugby World Cup tournament. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause will cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
20. The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL and/or JR2019 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup 2019 tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or JR2019 relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
21. Information collected pursuant to the Promotion from Eligible Entrants is subject to the privacy policies of the Promoter, which can be found at https://www.mastercard.com.au/en-au/about-mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html and will be handled in accordance with all applicable laws in Australia. The privacy policies contain details on how Eligible Entrants can access, update and correct their personal information and the Promoter’s complain management processes. Entry is conditional on provision of the required personal details.
22. I consent to Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”) from time to time) using my personal information and photographing/recording my image while I am participating in the any activity or event run or organised by Rugby World Cup which constitutes part of the Prize. I agree that any such photographs, electronic images, sound recording or video footage may be used by Rugby World Cup in resources and reports, or promotional, advertising or marketing materials, without any further notice or payment to myself.
23. Each winner and his/her guest(s) as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time (as available and set out at https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickettc-e/ or such other webpage as determined by Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”) from time to time), the tournament organiser (Japan Rugby 2019, “JR2019”) and all applicable venue owner or operator rules and regulations to access Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any terms of accreditation determined by RWCL). Further each winner and his/her guest(s) acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL and/or JR2019 concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
24. This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL. Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 (including JR2019) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
25. We cannot guarantee that the trip will be free from disruptions or cancellations. We are not liable for any loss, damage, injury or liability suffered as a result of participation in this prize draw, acceptance or participation in the trip or any disruptions or cancellations of elements of the prize unless they are caused by our negligence. Any requests for refunds or compensation arising from them should be sent to the operator of the relevant element of the event.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this prize draw due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter's reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter's ability to conduct the Promotion as contemplated in these Conditions of Entry, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
27. The Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion or any Eligible Entrant's receipt or use of any part of the Prizes except for any loss or damage which is due to the negligence or willful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
28. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever in respect of the following: (1) any amount spent on or charged to an Eligible Entrant's MasterCard account in the course of entering the Promotion or for correctness of the details of the purchases and transactions made; (2) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications, line failure or the malfunctioning failure or unavailability of any computer, server, cable, line, network, hardware, software, internet service or web site; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion, including but not limited to theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of the Promotion; (4) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any entry that is late, stolen, damaged or misdirected or otherwise not received.
29. If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize to equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
30. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings or the use thereof. It is the responsibility of each Prize winner to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
31. Entrants understand and agree:
(b) that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with (where applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or any other social media website (unless otherwise specified); and
(c) that any questions comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to (as applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other social media website.
32. If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Terms & Conditions shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) appearing had not been inserted herein.
33. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Australia and each Eligible Entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
34. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/36602.