Cricket Social Media Ticket Giveaway
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the ‘Cricket Social Media Ticket Giveaway’ ("Promotion") form part of the Conditions of Entry. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding.
The promoter is Mastercard Asia/Pacific (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 95 108 603 345), 72 Christie Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia (“Promoter”). Telephone: (02) 9466 3700.
- The promotion commences at 12:01am AEDT on 31 October, 2019 and concludes at 11:59pm AEDT on 26 December 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To enter participants must, during the Promotion Period:
- be an Australian resident aged eighteen (18) years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its’ subsidiaries, Cricket Australia, other group companies, its’ agents, or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion; and
- be a current Mastercard customer, and have a valid Mastercard; and
- be following Mastercard AU Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MastercardAU/) or Instagram (@mastercardau) page; and
- tag a person on the Instagram or Facebook competition post who they would like to surprise with double-pass tickets to the Cricket Match in their closest Australian city (Brisbane, Perth Melbourne or Sydney) with a short description in twenty five (25) words or less telling why they would like to surprise them, and the most creative & best answers will win a double-pass. All entrants must have their social profiles switched to ‘Public’ during the Promotion Period to have their entry entered and viewed in the Judging; and
- be willing to have the prize awarded to the tagged person in their entry, as outlined in condition 7 of these Terms & Conditions, if their entry is selected as the winning entry, and understand that no compensation will be paid or given to the entrant if their entry is chosen as the winning entry (“Eligible Entry”)
- Multiple entries are permitted by an eligible entrant, however multiple entries of the same content are not permitted. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt of the Entrant’s submission by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. There is no cost to enter the promotion.
- Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in any way or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible and may be removed. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries made using multiple accounts or through agents or other third parties are not permitted and such entrants will be disqualified from entry in the Promotion. If an entrant is found to be subject to invalid multiple entries or any other application abuse, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify such entrants from entry in the Promotion. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- All Eligible Entries received during the applicable entry period below, will be included and judged by the Judging Panel appointed by the Promoter at 10:00am AEDT on the dates included in the table below at McCann, 32 Grosvenor Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
This Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
All entries will be Judged individually based on aptness and the creative merit of the twenty five (25) word entry. The best entries in each Judging, in the opinion of the Judges, will receive a Prize.
Entry Period Start Date from 12:01am (AEDT)
Entry Period Close Date from 11:59pm (AEDT)
Entry Period Judging, Notification & Announcement Date
Unclaimed Prize Judging, Notification & Announcement Date
1 – Brisbane Tickets (5 winners)
31 October 2019
14 November 2019
15 November 2019
18 November 2019
2 – Perth Tickets (10 winners)
27 November 2019
5 December 2019
6 December 2019
7 December 2019
3 – Melbourne Tickets (7 winners)
5 December 2019
19 December 2019
20 December 2019
21 December 2019
4 – Sydney Tickets (7 winners)
11 December 2019
26 December 2019
27 December 2019
28 December 2019
- There are a total of twenty nine (29) prizes to be won in this Promotion. Five (5) prizes to be awarded for the Brisbane match; ten (10) prizes to be awarded for the Perth Match; seven (7) prizes to be awarded for the Melbourne Match; and seven (7) prizes to be awarded for the Sydney Match. For avoidance of doubt the ‘winner’ will be the tagged person nominated by the Eligible Entrant, not the person who submitted the winning 25 word or less entry’ (“winner”).
Prizes for each Entry Period are as follows;
Total Value of Prizes in Judging
1 x General Admission Double Pass to the 23 November 2019 match in Brisbane
1 x General Admission Double Pass to the 12 December 2019 match, at Perth Stadium, Perth
1 x General Admission Double Pass to the 26 December 2019 match, at the MCG, Melbourne
1 x General Admission Double Pass to the 3 January 2020 match, at the SCG, Sydney
Prize values are accurate as of 14 October 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any value variation.
Each winner must be available to take the tickets for the allocated Cricket Match date once accepting the prize. If the winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited, and awarded to the next most apt and creative entry at 4:00pm (AEDT) the next day after the original Judging. If for any reason whatsoever the winner and/or guest are unable to participate in the Prize after accepting the Prize, the Promoter shall have no further obligation to winner and/or guest and no alternate winner will be selected. Prizes will be collected by the winner at the ground of the applicable match, at a location advised by the Promoter’s representative.
- The prize is as described above in condition 7 and nothing else is included. Where applicable, all other costs and expenses in taking up or incidental to the prize including but not limited to spending money, travel to and from the Cricket Match, refreshments, souvenirs and any other incidental expenses are the responsibility of the individual prize winner and their guest. No meals, events, activities or transportation are included in the prize. The winners may be required to participate in publicity.
- The winners will be notified via Instagram on the dates included in the table included in condition 6, and direct messaged that they have won. Winners will be required to provide in writing their name, telephone number, and postal address through a prize acknowledgement form, and agree to these Terms & Conditions, in order to accept and receive the prize within 24 of the draw date and time. The winner’s name will be announced via Instagram and Facebook Stories from the date included in the table in condition 6.
- The winner may receive reminder messages from the Promoter or the Promoter’s representative after the win to receive a response accepting the prize. The Promoter may contact the entrant to obtain contact details of the winner if needed. Entrants are encouraged to monitor their Instagram and/or Facebook account during this time in case they are the winner.
- If a winner does not accept or claim the prize by 2:00pm AEDT on the day following the applicable Judging (‘Claim by Date’), as explained above in condition 9, cannot be contacted by the end of the Claim by Date, or is found by the Promoter to not be eligible to win the Prize, the winner will forfeit the prize and the Promoter may award the prize to another entrant, who the Judges select as the next best entry based on aptness and the creative merit of the 25 words or less entry submitted, in another Judging on the day following the applicable Judging. The subsequent winner must respond within 24 hours of the Unclaimed Prize Judging.
The winner will be notified via Instagram, and direct messaged that they have won. Winner will be required to provide their name, telephone number, and postal address through a prize acknowledgement form in order to accept and receive the prize. The winner’s name will be announced at
from the date included in the table in condition 6. The decision of the Promoter is final. The Promoter reserves the right to request confirmation of the eligibility of the winner to enter the Promotion and to win the Prize.
- The winner agrees that they may be required to participate in reasonable publicity and also agrees for their surname and suburb to be used to announce the winners.
- Prize and prize elements may not be separated or redeemed for cash and no alternative prize is available. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and is not available for resale.
- Exact details of the Prize, including but not limited to date, time, location and duration are subject to change. Winner and guest agree to comply with all applicable venue rules and regulations in connection with the prize.
- The cost of accessing a promotional website will be dependent on the amount charged by the Eligible Entrant’s relevant Internet Service Provider.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrant (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The entrant agrees that:
- the entrant must not submit any Content that is unlawful, fraudulent, defamatory, offensive. obscene, derogatory, discriminatory. pornographic, sexually inappropriate, insulting, scandalous, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, not suitable for children under 15 years, unlawful, libellous, hateful, objectionable in relation to race, religion, ethnicity or gender, capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, capable of violating any law, capable of giving rise to a civil liability or otherwise unsuitable or inappropriate;
- the entrant must not submit any Content that breaches or may breach any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights;
- the Content is the entrant’s own original independent creation and does not include any third party’s intellectual property or infringe any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- the entrant is fully responsible for the Content. The Promoter will not be liable for the Content or its use in any way;
- before submitting the content, the entrant has obtained or obtains the consent of all persons who appear in the Content to in relation to the use of the Content for this promotion;
- the Content has not been published previously or used in any other promotion;
- the Content will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- the entrant will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those laws governing intellectual property, content, defamation, publication, privacy and the access and use of computer or communication systems;
- the Promoter may review all Content and may at any time reject, remove or take down any Content (wholly or partially) at its sole and absolute discretion without notice if it considers, discovers or suspects the Content not to comply with any of these Term and Conditions;
- the entrant must comply with all requests by the Promoter to remove, take down or edit any Content;
- the entrant grants the Promoter, its affiliates, agencies and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, disclose and display the Content for any purpose and in any media and medium, without compensation, liability, restriction on use, attribution of the entrant’s moral rights. Entrants warrant that they have full authority and rights to grant such rights to the Promoter.
- the entrants must not assert any moral rights in connection with the Content;
- Prize cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes or resold.
- The Promoter and the applicable onsite representatives of MasterCard or Cricket Australia reserve the right in their sole discretion to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person during the trip. Winner and guest will be escorted out of the venue by Promoter, the applicable onsite representatives or their designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of national, state or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and unlawful drug paraphernalia) and, in the case of any such infraction, Promoter will have no further obligation to winner, and winner and his/her guest will forfeit the balance of prize.
- Promoter, Mastercard and Cricket Australia will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any elements of the Prize.
- Winner and/or guest shall not, while using any Cricket Australia tickets, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Cricket Australia match, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon Cricket Australia. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause will cause significant damage and loss to Cricket Australia.
- Cricket Australia reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change or amend the fixture without notice. Neither the Promoter nor Cricket Australia accept responsibility for the cancellation or delay of any cricket match connected with this Promotion for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter or Cricket Australia.
- By entering this promotion entrants agree to comply, and ensure that each subsequent ticket holder complies, with the ticket conditions which accompany any tickets won in conjunction with the promotion. Entrants also agree to comply, and ensure that each subsequent ticket holder complies, with Cricket Australia’s 2019/20 Ticket and Entry Conditions supplemented by any conditions of entry imposed by the venue operator. The Promoter will provide every person attending the match as part of the promotion with a copy of Cricket Australia’s 2019/20 Ticket and Entry Conditions with delivery of the prize tickets.
- The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to Cricket Australia (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Cricket Australia tickets and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of Cricket Australia relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
- Information collected pursuant to the Promotion from Eligible Entrants is subject to the privacy policies of the Promoter, which can be found athttps://www.mastercard.com.au/en-au/about-mastercard/what-we-do/privacy.html and will be handled in accordance with all applicable laws in Australia. The privacy policies contain details on how Eligible Entrants can access, update and correct their personal information and the Promoter’s complain management processes. Entry is conditional on provision of the required personal details.
- I consent to the Promoter and Cricket Australia using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Cricket Australia.
- The winner and his/her guest as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time (as available and set out at https://www.cricket.com.au/tickets/terms-and-conditions or such other webpage as determined by Cricket Australia (from time to time), and all applicable venue owner or operator rules and regulations to access Cricket Australia venues and any other areas associated with Cricket Australia . Further the winner and his/her guest acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with Cricket Australia concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
- This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of Cricket Australia. Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not Cricket Australia or any other persons involved in staging of a Cricket Australia match, all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
- We cannot guarantee that the matches will be free from disruptions or cancellations. Neither we or Cricket Australia are liable for any loss, damage, injury or liability suffered as a result of participation in this prize draw, acceptance or participation in the trip or any disruptions or cancellations of elements of the prize unless they are caused by our negligence. Any requests for refunds or compensation arising from them should be sent to the operator of the relevant element of the event.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this prize draw due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter also reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter's reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter's ability to conduct the Promotion as contemplated in these Conditions of Entry, subject approval by state or territory regulatory authorities.
- The Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and Cricket Australia, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion or any Eligible Entrant's receipt or use of any part of the Prizes except for any loss or damage which is due to the negligence or willful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its members, financial institutions, associated agencies and companies and Cricket Australia and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever in respect of the following: (1) any amount spent on or charged to an Eligible Entrant's MasterCard account in the course of entering the Promotion or for correctness of the details of the purchases and transactions made; (2) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications, line failure or the malfunctioning failure or unavailability of any computer, server, cable, line, network, hardware, software, internet service or web site; (3) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the entry process of the Promotion, including but not limited to theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of the Promotion; (4) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any entry that is late, stolen, damaged or misdirected or otherwise not received.
- If the Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes with a prize to equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings or the use thereof. It is the responsibility of each Prize winner to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
- Entrants understand and agree:
- that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with (where applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or any other social media website (unless otherwise specified); and
- that any questions comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to (as applicable) Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or other social media website.
- If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Terms & Conditions shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) appearing had not been inserted herein.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Australia and each Eligible Entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- Authorised under Cricket Australia promotion code CA013