There are so many reasons to choose MasterCard®.
Where you can use it
MasterCard is accepted at over 33 million locations Worldwide. In fact, no card is accepted in more places and by more merchants. Use it in stores, restaurants, hotels, airlines, car rental agencies and petrol stations around the world or anywhere you see the MasterCard logo.
How to know if an establishment accepts MasterCard
Check for the MasterCard logo, which is usually displayed prominently. If you do not see the MasterCard logo, ask if the card is accepted.
Shopping safely online with MasterCard
MasterCard continues to implement and enforce strict security features for online shopping. In addition, here are some steps you can take:
- Notify your financial institution immediately if you become aware of an unauthorised transaction in your credit card account, or your card is lost or stolen.
- Always keep records of your transactions and payments before entering card details:
- Look for a padlock symbol.
- Look for the MasterCard SecureCode™ sign as an endorsement of a retailer's security.
- Use a secure browser that uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which scrambles or encrypts the purchase information. Browsers that support SSL include Internet Explorer®, Netscape, AOL, Opera and Mozilla.
- Know who you're buying from. Check the seller's reputation and search online for recommendations and complaints from other customers. Then stay vigilant. Just because a seller has no complaints or a good reputation is no guarantee.
- Ask your friends to recommend their favourite online merchants.
Handling merchant problems
In some circumstances, you may have the right to return goods or seek other remedies available under consumer laws for unsatisfactory merchandise or services. Contact your card issuer to discuss the issue and determine the proper course of action.